At Amazon, we’re preparing for a week of festivities to celebrate women’s achievements and raise awareness about women’s equality, under this year’s theme which is ‘Challenge. Champion. Change’. Here are some of the ways Amazon employees across Europe will be celebrating women during this global event.
How we're celebrating diversity through virtual events
This year, while the pandemic prevents many of us from meeting in person, we decided to conduct virtual events with other European Women@ affinity groups, to allow for employees and allies from around the world to participate in global events.
We will be hosting guest speakers and panel discussions on a range of topics, from “Sustainable leadership by women in a changing world” to “Innovating while coping with the pandemic.” We’ll also present Amazon MatchUp, our global peer-to-peer mentoring program that helps to foster connections at work.
We will be extending our International Women's Day celebrations to our customers across Europe with:
- 'International Women's Day Festival' on amazon.co.uk
- 'Journée internationale des femmes' on amazon.fr
- 'International Women's Day 2021' on amazon.de
- 'Día Internacional de la Mujer de Amazon' on amazon.es
- 'Festa delle Donne' on amazon.it
These pages will be a showcase for women businesses, entrepreneurs, authors, artists, employees as well as specially curated content.
How we’re supporting gender equality
Amazon is continually looking for ways to diversify its workforce and foster an inclusive culture. Our culture of inclusion is reinforced by our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious and earn trust.
Here are just a few other ways that we work to support gender equality all year round:
- Boost the number of women in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) careers and education in the UK with Amazon Amplify
- Support the return to work after a career break with the AWS Returners Program
- Help young people build exciting careers in computer science with Amazon Future Engineer
- Encourage Amazon employees to chart their own path, with options such as flexibility, part-time working, job sharing and shared parental leave
- Support women in the digitalization of their businesses with the ‘Unternehmerinnen der Zukunft’ program, a collaboration between Amazon, Global Digital Women and BRIGITTE Academy in Germany
We will also be discussing gender equality throughout the week on social media via #IWDxAMZ and #IWD2021.
Learn how we're celebrating International Women's Day across Europe today, a global event to recognize women’s achievements and raise awareness under this year’s theme: ‘Challenge. Champion. Change’. More on our blog: https://t.co/bys97O2Dfx #IWDxAMZ #IWD2021 pic.twitter.com/iaS6oV8QZu— Amazon News EU (@AmazonNewsEU) March 8, 2021