12 July, 2017
On a day with incredible deals reserved exclusively for Prime members, sales on July 11 surpassed Black Friday and Cyber Monday, making it the biggest day ever in Amazon history. With hundreds of thousands of deals, this year’s Prime Day was too big for 24 hours – so Prime members had 30 hours to shop. The Prime Day 2017 event grew by more than 60 percent compared to the same 30 hours last year, and sales growth by small businesses and entrepreneurs was even higher. More new members joined Prime on July 11 than on any single day in Amazon history. Tens of millions of Prime members made a purchase on Prime Day 2017, more than 50 percent higher than the prior year.
Prime members’ most popular purchase was the Echo Dot, which was not only the best-selling Amazon device this Prime Day, but also the best-selling product from any manufacturer in any category across Amazon globally. Prime Day 2017 was also the biggest sales event ever for Amazon devices in the U.S. and around the world, including record sales for Echo, Fire tablets and Kindle devices. The all new Element 55-inch 4K Ultra HD smart LED TV – Amazon Fire TV Edition was the best-selling TV deal in Amazon history – selling through record units in less than four hours. Top sellers from around the world, excluding Amazon devices, included:
• U.K.: TP-Link Wi-Fi Smart Plug, works with Alexa; Sony Playstation 4
• Spain: SanDisk Ultra Fit 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive; Moto G Plus (5th Generation) Smartphone; Lenovo Ideapad 310 Laptop
• Italy: Finish All in One Max tablets; Caffe Vergnano 1882 Espresso machine
• Germany and Austria: PlayStation Plus Membership; Soda Stream
• France and Belgium: PlayStation Plus Membership; Game of Thrones - The Complete Season 1 to 6 Blu-Ray
“To those customers who tried Prime for the first time and our long time members, thank you for a great Prime Day,” said Greg Greeley, Vice President, Amazon Prime. “Our teams around the world will keep working to add more and more to your membership, so Prime continues to make your life better every day. We are already looking forward to our Prime Day celebration next year.”
Global Highlights from Prime Day 2017
• A record number of Prime members shopped across 13 countries.
• Prime members purchased seven times more Amazon Echo devices globally than on Prime Day 2016.
• Members saved hundreds of millions of dollars on product discounts globally, compared to the already low prices offered to non-Prime customers.
• More than 3.5 million toys were purchased by customers worldwide on Prime Day 2017.
• Tens of millions of customers used the Amazon App on Prime Day. Customer orders on the Amazon App more than doubled this Prime Day compared to last year.